8th International XR-Metaverse Conference
XR meets the Metaverse
The International XR-Metaverse Conference is an annual immersive tech event of the International Association of Immersive Technology Innovation (IAITI) and it aims to bring industry and academia together in order to discuss, present and show case latest trends in the immersive technology arena. The eighth International XR-Metaverse Conference will be held in Las Vegas, USA, June 2023. The 8th International XR-Metaverse Conference will focus on the theme of XR meets the Metaverse.
Issues to be covered
Issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
· XR and the metaverse
· XR to overcome a health crisis
· XR for societal good
· AI, Big Data, IoT, 5G, Robot and Digital Twin powered XR innovation
· Digital transformation through XR
· XR adoption behaviour
· XR/metaverse business models
· Development and implementation of augmented and virtual reality applications
· Mobile and wearable technologies and applications
· Impacts of XR on value co-creation
· XR/metaverse for customer engagement
· Legal, ethical, and regulatory issues
· New methodological approaches for XR/metaverse
· XR/metaverse applications in tourism, events, cultural heritage, architecture, education, retail, entertainment, health, manufacturing etc.
· Any other related topic
Instructions for authors
We are inviting 3 types of abstract submissions for the 2023 conference:
1. Scientific Track
Extended abstract length: max. 3 pages (excl. references). Suggested structure is 1. Introduction, 2. Literature Review, 3. Methodology, 4. Findings, 5 Conclusion. 6. References.
2. Poster Track
This track will be suitable for work in progress and research students who would like to present their ideas. Max 3 pages (excl. references). Suggested structure is 1. Introduction, 2. Literature Review, 3. Methodology, 4. Findings, 5 Conclusion. 6. References.
3. Industry Track
Extended abstract length: max. 3 pages (excl. references). Suggested structure is 1. Company Description, 2. Project Summary, 3. Project Details, 4. Feedback from End Users, 5 Future Outlook, 6 Conclusion.
There are no strict formatting requirements. Please submit a blind copy for the review process. All abstract submissions must be in English and submitted as a PDF file. The document file should not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors, their institutions, or their places of work.
· Submission closes: January 15, 2023
· Notification of acceptance/rejection: February 28, 2023
· Early bird registration deadline: April 1, 2023
· Conference: End of June 2023 (date TBC)
Conference Host and Local Chair – Prof. Yen-Soon Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Conference Co-Chair – Prof. Timothy Jung (email@example.com)
Academic Program Chair – Dr. Mandy Claudia tom Dieck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Networking Chair – Prof. Dai-In Han (email@example.com)
Registration – Lucy (Minjeong) Suh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Europe – Prof. Philipp Rauschnabel (Philipp.Rauschnabel@unibw.de)
MENA – Dr. Ramy Hammady (email@example.com)
ASIA – Prof. Seokchan Jeong (firstname.lastname@example.org)